In general, one does not have time to shop for groceries every day, so many people freeze food in order to survive longer, and can be processed or consumed in the future.
Convenience is the main reason why many people buy frozen food. By Freeze food or storing food in the freezer has the distinct advantage of ease of cooking because you do not need to shop again each will cook in the kitchen.
But keep in mind that frozen food processing must be the right way and the right, because of an error in the processing of frozen foods can cause food poisoning.
How to Thaw / Melt Frozen Food
Thaw frozen foods or known withdrawing term, is the process of melt frozen foodstuffs such as meat and fish. In addition, to help us in cooking, thawing process is also important to maintain the quality and taste of a foodstuff.
Thawing process can not be done carelessly, if we put through the process of thawing is wrong, it would appear microorganisms that can make us rotting foodstuffs. This is because not all frozen food can be thawed by the same process. In addition, if the thawing process is not done thoroughly, the inside of the foodstuffs will remain frozen.
Here we describe some of the thawing or thaw frozen foods in good order food to stay healthy and avoid bacteria.
1. Move the frozen food from the freezer to the refrigerator.
Thaw in the refrigerator does take a long time, however, this is the easiest way and most hygienic. Although it takes a long time, this type is a method of thawing frozen food thaw the safest for putting food in the refrigerator to prevent food contamination.
Almost any type of food can use this type of thawing. Only, the harder the texture of the food, the disbursement process will be longer. Half a kilo of meat takes all day to thaw. A maximum limit of thawing using this method is 2 × 24 hours. The rest, food ingredients considered defective and dangerous to be used in the cooking process.
You should put frozen meat on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator so that the liquid is not about the meat full of bacteria other foods.
2. Soak with water flow
Thawing by placing food ingredients under water flow. This method is suitable for foodstuffs such as sauces, soups, and meat that has been cut into small pieces. To avoid bacterial contamination, make sure you shut your food with plastic before it is placed under running water yes. We were advised to use water flow because the water that flows more hygienic than water that is not flowing or pooled on a particular container. A maximum limit of thawing using this method is 4 hours.
3. Heat in microwave
This one method is the thawing method, process faster, Unfortunately, we can not defrosting food in large quantities with a microwave for making uneven thawing process. In addition, the size of a small microwave also limits the amount of materials that we can melt. Thawing with a microwave suitable we do to melt the ingredients Rsiap eat like bun, croissant, and sausages and other frozen meal. This method is not suitable for foods that need cooking before consumption.
4. Mute at room temperature.
In addition to methods of removing from the freezer to the refrigerator, the method is also quite often used. We just need to remove food from the freezer and put it out alias open space in the kitchen. To maintain hygienic food, be sure to put it in a hermetically sealed state. Thawing method at room temperature is suitable to melt the low moisture foods, such as cake.
Never try to use this method to dilute fish, meat, and vegetables, due to susceptible bacteria or microorganisms grow during this process. Typically, this method takes about 30-60 minutes of defrosting food.
An Important Point You Need to Know About Frozen Foods
If you include people who used to buy frozen or frozen food store, then you should consider the following:
- Limit time storage. There are some things you need to know about the deadline for storage of frozen foods, such as uncooked ground beef (3-4 months), raw poultry (12 months), cooked poultry meat (4 months), soup (2 months), and raw meat before baking (4-12 months).
For other foods, you can withdraw in advance after checking its quality. If it looks less good, but it seems to still be consumed, meaning you can use it to make soup. Use your sense of smell also. If it is causing a bad smell, better get rid of the food.
- When you buy food that has been accounted for, should be brought back, and when, after arriving home had melted better food cooked immediately or discarded. This is to avoid bacteria that appear on food.
- Separate raw food and cooked food in the refrigerator, the goal that bacteria from raw foods contaminate cooked foods.
- When storing food in the freezer, remove the air as much as possible in food packaging. If necessary, transfer the contents of the packaging into a special sealed container for freezing food, making you easier to retrieve when needed.
- When you have thaw frozen food should be cooked immediately and do not be frozen again because it will be contaminated with dangerous bacteria or toxins.
- Note packing and the date when you were buying food frozen in the supermarket, if there is damage to the packing or date has outdated should not be purchased. And tell the sales clerk that these foods are not purchased by other consumers.
To maintain the quality of frozen foods, you should pay attention to eating with good storage process. Clean the freezer every one to two weeks using a special cleaning fluid and water. Wipe spilled liquids or food in the freezer or refrigerator as soon as possible in order to avoid food contaminated with bacteria. And make sure the freezer temperature is in point of -17 degrees Celsius, while the temperature of the refrigerator below 3 degrees Celsius.