On previous occasions we have mentioned about the types of kidney failure that is acute and chronic kidney failure, there has been little mentioned about penyabab renal failure. On this occasion I will discuss more details regarding the etiology or cause either acute renal failure or chronic.
Causes Of Acute Renal Failure
In acute renal failure, kidney function is lost quickly and cause symptoms in the body. Etiology of acute renal failure was classified based on the location of the urinary tract that is experiencing interference i.e. causes of prerenal, renal and renal post. Let's discuss one by one.
Causes Of Kidney Failure: Prerenal
Prerenal means the root of the problem beyond the kidney but will affect the kidneys because something is related to kidneys. Something that is related to the blood supply, which is due to a decrease in the blood supply to the kidneys. Prerenal causes example that can cause kidney failure, among others:
- Hipovolemia (low blood volume) due to blood loss
- Dehydration due to loss of body fluids (e.g., vomit, diarrhea, sweating, fever)
- Fluid intake is less
- The drug, for example, diuretics ("water pills") can cause excessive water loss, and abnormal blood flow to and from the kidneys due to blockage of the artery or vein of the kidney
- Abnormal blood flow to and from the kidneys due to blockage of the artery or vein of the kidney.
Causes Of Kidney Failure: Renal
I.e. direct damage in the kidneys themselves, which were a result of:
- Multiple myeloma
- Rhabdomyolysis: this is a situation where there is significant muscle damage in the body, and the damaged muscle fibers clogging the kidney's filtering system. This can happen because the truma, injuries, and burns. Some drugs used to treat high cholesterol can cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Sepsis: losing immune system fight infection so that infection is spread throughout the body including kidney damage and cause inflammation. This usually doesn't happen on urinary tract infections.
- Medications: some drugs are toxic to the kidney, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSID) such as ibuprofen and naproxen. Other drugs that could potentially poison the kidneys (nefrotoxic) include antibiotics such as aminoglikosida [gentamicin (Garamycin), tobramycin], lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid), drugs containing iodine for example contrast substance is injected in the body before dirongsen.
- Glomerulonefritis acute or inflammation of the glomeruli, renal filtration system. Many diseases can cause inflammation include systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), Wegener's granulomatosis, Goodpasture's syndrome and.
Postrenal Renal Failure Causes:
Etiology of postrenal means the causes of urinary disaluran which occurs after the kidneys caused by factors that affect the flow of urine:
Obstruction or blockage of the ureter or the bladder e.g. due to kidney stones can cause back pressure to the kidneys due to the kidneys continue to produce urine, while unstoppable on the bottom. When the pressure rises high enough, the kidneys will be damaged and can die.
Prostatic hypertrophy or prostate cancer can block the urethra so that the urine on the bladder cannot flow through urine.
A tumor in the abdomen that surround and obstruct the ureter.
Kidney stones. Typically, Kidney stone affects only one kidney and does not cause kidney failure.
Causes of chronic kidney failure.
Chronic kidney failure develops in a matter of months to years. Causes of chronic kidney failure are most often, among others:
High blood pressure, or
Causes of chronic kidney failure are classified as rare, include:
Polycystic kidney disease
Kidney stones, and
That's a brief reviews about the cause or etiology of renal failure, may be able to give enlightenment especially for that cultivate health and medical world.