Bilberry is a kind of berry plants that can be used to treat diarrhea, inflammatory or mild inflammation in the mouth and throat, problems of the urinary tract disease, gout, arthritis, cataracts, retinal disorders, kidney disease, and infections skin.
Part of the bilberry is used as medicine is part of the leaves and fruit. The Latin name of the plant Vaccinium myrtillus bilberry is. This plant can be used in a variety of ways, for example, dried and boiled before drinking, or applied topically to the skin. Drugs available at the pharmacy Bill has usually shaped pills, liquids, and cream.
In addition to the conditions mentioned above, other benefits of bilberry are to treat:
- Digestive disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chest pain
- Varicose vein
- Ketidaklancaran blood circulation
Forms of drugs:
Oral and topical.
Treating a number of conditions related to digestion, eyes, joints, skin, heart, and blood vessels.
- For pregnant and lactating women, adjust the dosage of bilberry with the advice of a doctor.
- Do not give the bilberry to children without consulting your physician first.
- Do not use if you suffer from impaired blood clotting.
- Do not use other drugs simultaneously with bilberry (including herbs) without instructions from the doctor because it was feared could have an impact on the performance of bilberry. Some examples of such drugs are aspirin, warfarin, enoxaparin, heparin, heparin ketoprofen, piroxicam, health supplements, antioxidants, pharmaceuticals and anti-inflammatory nonsteroid medications.
- Because the bilberry is capable of lowering blood sugar levels in diabetics, then don't consume bilberry in conjunction with other diabetes medicines without the consent of a doctor.
- In case of overdose or allergic reaction after using bilberry, immediately checking myself into
- Stop the bilberry consumption two weeks prior to surgery.
- Stop the treatment and find a doctor if the symptoms do not show signs of recovering.
Dosage Of Bilberry
Bilberry fruit that has matured and dried can be consumed every day as much as 20-60 grams. In addition, water decoction of bilberry can also be made from the fruits of bilberry 5-10 grams that have been destroyed or 1 gram tea leaves mixed with 150 ml of hot water.
To treat disorders of the retina, you can consume as much as the bilberry extract 160 mg twice a day.
Using Bilberry Correctly
Follow the advice of your doctor or read the information printed on the packaging of medicinal products containing bilberry before consumption.
Make sure there is enough time distance between one dosage with the next dose. Aim for consuming bilberry at the same each day to maximize the effect.
There has been no information about missed doses. Therefore, consult about this with your doctor.
Recognize Side Effects and The Dangers of Bilberry
The possibility of allergy can be caused due to consuming bilberry, although this rarely happens. Contact a doctor if allergic reaction has occurred in the form of difficulty breathing, swelling of the lips, tongue or face the onset of urticaria.
Not recommended to consume the leaves of bilberry extract or in excessive doses or in the long run because it allegedly would cause toxic effects. However, a side effect of excessive consumption of bilberry still unknown.