Colon cancer is under human digestion. Colon cancer, if it's already spread, can be called also with cancer of the rectum. Cancer of the rectum is cancer that is located in the organ a few inches of the colon. Cancer of the colon and rectum is called colorectal cancer.
As with other cancers. Initially, the colon cancer is not a cancer network harm. But it takes a process to become cancerous tissue. The process of occurrence of colon cancer are as follows:
- Colon cancer starts with a small network and certainly non-cancerous.
- The chain-shaped blobs of cells called polyps adenomatosis.
- Growing time, the polyps develop into colon cancer.
- Polyps may not have symptoms. These same reasons that make the doctor should do the screening tests regularly to find out how large the polyps in the colon and how big its potential to be colon cancer.
- People suffering from polyps but do not do screening will not know if it's polyp has become cancer.
Symptoms Of Colon Cancer
In the early stages, colon cancer does not cause symptoms. Even in developing countries such as the United States, colorectal cancer is a leading cause of death of a person caused by cancer. Indeed the colon cancer is one of the types of cancer that they are difficult to stop.
- Bowel Habits Change. When the cancer is inside the colon, someone else CHAPTER habits will change. This is because the tumor was blocking a person's colon. The frequency of the CHAPTER would be someone the less. When the tumor obstructing the colon. People would be difficult for the chapter.
- Constipation. Constipation is a hallmark characteristic of colon cancer also other diseases. People affected by digestive constipation are disturbed. For cases of colon cancer, the cause of constipation is a tumor that is in the large intestine so as to restrain the stool to be removed. Constipation occurs when the size of the tumor is already large.
- Stomach Feels Full. Constipation will make the stomach feel full, but cannot be issued.
- Out For Blood When The Chapter. When Your CHAPTER is accompanied by the presence of blood, you ought to be worried and suspicious. The stool which carries blood could be an indication of bowel cancer pain. Need more specific tests are blood issued due to colon cancer or hemorrhoids.
- Diarrhea. Human digestion, when affected by bowel cancer, becomes problematic. Many were stricken with diarrhea constantly.
- Weight Decrease. Weight decreased unexpectedly. The stomach feels full and constipation makes a person's appetite decreased. Constant diarrhea also makes weight loss a person into a decline.
- Characteristics of colon cancer to look out for in the form of blood that comes out of the rectum, diarrhea continued without pause and constipation. If you are experiencing these things should check with yourself to your doctor.
Causes of Colon Cancer
Genetic mutation, possibly due to factors that are descendants. Two types of cancer include Lynch Syndrome and Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP).
In addition, some of the following may increase the occurrence of colon cancer:
- Consume red meat is excessive.
- Lack of fiber.
- Consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Age factor, on top of 50 years are more susceptible to cancer.
- Suffering from chronic ulcerative colitis or ulcers in the large intestine.
- Less exercise.
- Hereditary factors.
Colon Cancer Treatment
Stadium or the severity of cancer will determine the type of treatment to what will be done by a doctor. The following are the three main types of treatment in cases of colon cancer.
The doctor will mementukan the right kind of treatment according to cancer severity. There are 3 main types of treatment for this cancer, which are:
Chemotherapy is done to kill cancer cells, using a special type of medication, either in the form of liquid medication (using infusion), tablets, and can be a combination of the two.
The goal is the same as chemotherapy, radiotherapy to kill cancer cells. But in radiotherapy, treatment methods is carried out using a steady stream of radiation.
Types of colon cancer handling operations are performed depends on the severity of the spread of cancer itself.