Maybe you're one of those people with excessive weight and the invitation was undergoing various kinds of diet programs to get an ideal body weight, yet still failed.
One last method that you can do to lose weight is the weight loss surgery (bariatric). However, if you include the people that allowed candidates for Bariatric Surgery committing? How this operating procedure? Is it true the most potent weight loss?
What Is Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight loss surgery is a sensitive medical procedure, which aims to treat patients, who are overweight and can endanger their lives. Operation Weight loss is also known as bariatric surgery.
Although this surgery can lead to drastic weight loss, this action is not recommended for patients who want to do it only for beauty purposes, as it can lead to serious risks and complications.
This method works by limiting the amount of food that can be consumed in the body, by removing a portion of the stomach. This action is performed as a last resort when the action is non-surgical and surgical other cannot lose weight the patient.
Most of these operations carried out with how to change the form of your digestive organs, thus affecting eating patterns and the absorption of food in the body. The following are the types of Bariatric Surgery are wont to do, to make weight a person being down:
- Tie the stomach. A ‘binder’ is paired in the stomach, thus minimizing the space of the stomach and makes patients feel full faster when food enters.
- Gastric bypass. This action is carried out by means of combining the upper part of the stomach with the small intestine, so fast your stomach full and not many calories are absorbed from food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy. Lift some part of the digestive organs, so you cannot consume food as much as before.
- Electrical implants. Electrical implant tool mounted on the digestive organs serves as an intermediary the abdominal with a brain. This tool will tell the brain if the stomach is already full. Electrical implants that can be controlled from the outside, so that it can transmit the signal at any time.
To find out what are the methods appropriate and good for you, we suggest you discuss this with the doctor.
Who Needs a Weight Loss Operation?
Patients who can undergo weight loss surgery are those who meet the following criteria:
- Has a body mass index of 40 kg/m2 or more. For women, this means they must have over 80 pounds of weight, while men around 100 pounds.
- Suffer serious health disorders related to their excess weight, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, respiratory disorders, and others.
- Have tried other ways to lose weight but to no avail.
- Commit to drastic lifestyle changes after surgery (healthy diet, regular exercise, etc.).
- Know and understand the risks of weight loss surgery. And dare to take risks that might happen.
How much weight loss with this operation?
How much weight loss happens actually hanging with each individual, whether he is serving a good diet or not. However, weight loss usually occurs between 18-24 months after bariatric surgery.
The weight loss you get when 6 months after surgery as much as 30-40% weight before. Meanwhile, after one year you will lose weight around 45 kg.
But indeed it depends on how diet and lifestyle you every day. When it is not committed to living a healthy lifestyle, then it is not impossible weight you will be back up later in the day.
Even though it sounds promising, bariatric surgery has various risks and side effects that may occur. Here are a variety of risks:
- Lack of certain nutrients. Changing the shape of organs of digestion can cause your body cannot absorb nutrients optimally.
- The formation of gallstones.
- Blood clotting occurs in the legs or lungs
- Gastric fastening can move on to other organs. This led to other digestive tract becomes clogged.