Before choosing the type of beauty products and types of treatment for your skin, the important thing to note is to know your skin type. Let's consider the following review.
The facial skin is generally similar to the skin of the body, can be divided into several categories, namely the type of normal skin, dry skin, sensitive skin type, and oily skin. Some people also have a combination skin type in a different area.
Skin type may change with age or due to the influence of other factors, such as genetic factors and disease. In addition, the skin type depends on several factors, namely:
- Contents water on the skin that will affect the elasticity of the skin
- Oil content affect the softness and skin nourishment
- The level of skin sensitivity to certain substances.
Know Your Skin Type and the Right Care
Facial skin normal
Skin type tends to have a balance between the water content and oil content, so it is not too dry but not too greasy. Such as skin type rarely has skin problems, not too sensitive, pores were almost invisible, and looks radiant.
Care normal skin type tends to be easier, simply use special facial skin care for normal skin. Use a gentle facial cleanser soap and do not rub your face too roughly. You can rinse the face with warm water and then dried. If you find skin so dry out or become oily, try a different cleanser.
Owners dry skin types usually have pores that are almost invisible, the outer surface looks rough and dull skin, and skin less elastic. This is because the type of dry facial skin lacks moisture in the outermost layer of skin, and cause cracks on the surface of the skin, and it will feel dry to the touch.
This type of skin is also more easily flushed, itchy, scaly and inflamed. Dry skin can be caused or aggravated by genetic factors, aging, hormonal changes, cold weather, sunlight, ultraviolet radiation, hot water bath for too long, or ingredients in soaps, cosmetics, cleaners, to drugs.
Care dry skin types may include:
- Avoid bath and wash your face with warm water for too long.
- Use a moisturizer after every wash her face.
- Use a gentle facial cleanser and do not contain alcohol or fragrance.
- Use soap cleanser with moisturizing ingredients, such as emollients or colloidal oatmeal.
Oily skin type is usually due to the production of sebum from the sebaceous glands (oil glands) excess. Sebum is an oily substance that came from fat. Meanwhile, the sebaceous glands are glands located under the skin surface. Although sebum helps protect and moisturize the skin, but the excess sebum will cause the skin becomes oily, clogged pores and cause acne.
The factors contributing to the high production of sebum on the skin of a person's genetic factors, hormonal changes, or even stress. Oily skin types tend to have large pores, looks shiny, but dull, and usually accompanied by blackheads, pimples, and black stains.
Care oily skin type can be a way:
- Diligent wash your face every day, at least twice a day. Avoid products containing detergent cleanser, and use a gentle face wash soaps containing glycerin.
- Wax paper. Although it did not prevent excess sebum production, but waxed paper can help minimize excess oil on the face.
- Cosmetic clay. This type of cosmetic help absorb oil on the skin and treat many skin conditions. You can also use clay or a clay mask as one treatment.
- Mask honey, egg-lemon masks, masks aloe Vera, tomato mask, mask almond and jojoba oil can also be a treatment for oily skin types.
- Avoid unhealthy foods such as fried foods, foods high in sugar, and processed foods.
- When skin is too oily, reduce the use of makeup, especially foundation. Choose water-based products instead of oil-based. Look for products labeled noncomedogenic which tend not clog pores.
- You can use products containing acids when a regular facial cleanser can not reduce oil on the face, such as salicylic acid, betahidroksi acid, products containing benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid.
- Use sunscreen products as well as oil-free moisturizer.
- If the products are sold freely on the market are not enough to help care for oily skin, you are advised to consult a dermatologist. Laser, chemical peel and cream mixed with tretinoin, adapalene, or tazarotene can help overcome oily skin.
Face skin combination
The combination of oily and dry skin are characteristics of a combination skin type. Most people with this skin type have oily skin areas on the chin, nose and forehead, this area is usually called zone T.
Because there are two types of skin on the face area, someone with a combination skin types need to treat it differently. You may be biased using anti-acne containing benzoyl peroxide is no zone T, while in the area of dry skin you can use a mild cleanser and moisturizer.
Face skin sensitive
Sensitive skin types have a low sensitivity of some things. This skin type is easy to experience allergies or irritations, and rashes as a reaction to certain factors, such as the environment, plants, food, and even cosmetic products. Sensitive facial skin will be prone to redness, itching, dry, peeling, and burning upon contact with the trigger.
Care sensitive skin types can find the trigger that causes an allergic reaction or irritation. Use a gentle facial soap and rinse with warm water. And avoid rubbing the face. Try not to use skin care products that contain alcohol, acidity, and fragrances. Try to change your skin care products with products containing aloe Vera, chamomile, green tea, polyphenols, and wheat.
Whatever your skin type, keep the sunscreen for protection from ultraviolet radiation, and avoid exposure to direct sunlight by wearing sunglasses or a wide-brimmed hat. Avoid smoking and keep your daily fluid intake. And do not forget to diligently wash your face every day and use a moisturizer afterwards, especially when going to sleep. Avoid also sleeps with face still wear make-up. If wearmake-up, adjust to your skin type.
If you are still not sure of your skin type or how best to care for your skin, consult a dermatologist who can recommend appropriate skin care.